This is our favourite go-to crumble recipe that people can’t get enough of. We love using strawberries and rhubarb, or sour cherries, or blueberries or apples… You get the picture, it is simple quick and we even like it for breakfast!
You probably have the ingredients in your kitchen to make this right now… and it requires a lot less time and effort than than more baked goods.
Fruit Crisp with Icewine Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 fruit varieties with sugar and cornstarch until evenly distributed. Transfer to baking dish and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter and vanilla until creamy. Add the oats and flour and beat on low speed or mix until crumbly and combined.
4. Pat oat mixture over berries and gently press down.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until crumble is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve warm and drizzle with your favourite Icewine - we like Northern Ice Vidal1
Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serves 4 to 8- 250 Calories per smaller serving